Museums and Capitols

 Last week, I went to the Bullock Museum of History of Texas and the Capitol Of Texas. 

 The museum, it shows the history of Texas from the arrival of the Native Americans to the Civil Rights Movement. I saw a lot of things like the pot used by Native Americans, abandoned French ships, the gun used by the Spanish settlers, basketball shoes Shaquille O'neill (famous basketball star), and so on.

 I learned Texas is described as the typical western or southern part of the United States of America in Hollywood movies and songs, but there is a lot of historical background are included like those of Latinos and African Americans.

On the same day, I also went to the Capitol of Texas which is close to the museum. We enjoyed seeing the chamber of the senate and the house. Also, at the center rotunda, all portraits of governors are exhibited. The guide there are talked that the capitols were made not by political and official funds but by private donations. I can see their pride in Texas and their preference for the "small" government from the tour guide.

My days in Austin are not long but I will try to learn a lot of things and knowledge from here.


P.S According to the guide, something mysterious will come to the Capital earlier this week. If you want to know that, just go to the Capitol! 

Comments

  1. How is everything going Takaya? It is amazing that you had the opportunity to visit the museum and to know the historical past of Austin. I suppose that you like history :), By the way, now I want to know the mysterious of the Capitol that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment